Admission process in 2018
|How to apply?||For the Admission to the Master Programme the applicant is obliged to submit the completed and signed application form.
- Collection of applications from Lithuanian citizens entering the Programme in 2018 is carried out according to the terms set in the Admission Rules.
- Collection of applications from citizens of a foreign country or non – EU candidates entering the Programme in 2018 is carried out according to internal application procedures of Šiauliai University.
Furthermore, the applicant is obliged to attach to the application an administrative fee payment confirmation (for payment details see in this table below “Fees“)
|Where to submit documents?||The applicant is obliged to submit the completed and signed application form to the following addresses:
- Admission of entrants, citizens of the Republic of Lithuania, to Šiauliai University is performed by:
- Admission of entrants, citizens of foreign countries, to Šiauliai University is performed by:
Department of International Programmes and Relations
|How applications are processed?||The competition is organised and the line of applicants is formed on the basis of the competition grade which is counted on the ground of the following criteria:
- Arithmetic mean of assessment marks of subjects listed in first-cycle graduation diploma or its supplement. Those who graduated from university-type studies in fields of economics, management and business administration or public administration, additionally 2 grades are added, and those who graduated with a diploma of Professional Bachelor in an appropriate field and additional studies are added 1 grade.
- Achievements in scientific performance are acknowledged in the following way: those who have a publication in economics or management and administration fields in a reviewed periodical scientific journal are added 1 grade, those who have a publication on economics or management and administration fields in another scientific edition are added 0.6 grade.
Please, note that documents proving your participation in scientific activities (copies of publications, certificates of participation in conferences, work in research projects) and experience of practical activities related to the study field of public administration have to be added to other application documents. If applicants accumulate the same amount of competition grades, the followingcriteria are regarded: 1) experience of practical activities related to the content of the study programme; 2) the level of command of English is higher than B2.
All applicants will attract a 95 EUR non-refundable application fee. The fee must accompany the application. The fee can be paid with a Bank draft (international cheque) to Šiauliai University.Tuition fees for 2018/2019, starting September 2018, are as follows:
- For students from EU countries – 2265 Eur
- For students from non EU countries – 3300 Eur
For more details about fees see link „Application. Fees & funding“
|Important dates||Applications for citizens of foreign countries are welcome until:
- June 10, 2018 – presenting all application documents and paying 95 EUR registration fee
- July 1, 2018 - Skype interviews with potential students provided by Šiauliai university
- July 10, 2018 - issuing Conditional Offers for potential students
- July 20, 2018 - paying tuition fees for the first academic year and for the dormitory (deposit and payment for the first month). Amount will be cleared with Conditional Offer
- 25 July, 2018 - sending requested document to the Lithuanian Embassies for interview time appointment
Applications for Lithuanian citizens are welcome from June 20th till July 7th, 2018 (preliminary dates)
Study year in Šiauliai University begins in September 1st, 2016.